Saturday, September 29, 2018

Drink-Up!


Although the first day of Fall was Saturday, September 23rd, it’s still 1,280 degrees on any given day. The air is so thick with humidity it practically attaches itself to your clothes and they are soaking wet by the time you get where you’re going.

Everyone is dragging – their feet, their words and their thoughts. Folks can’t even seem to string a complete sentence together. They begin to talk and somewhere in the middle of the process, it’s as if a horrible disappearing magical act has taken place and the original reason for speaking in the first place, can no longer be remembered.

I attended an outdoor wedding a few weeks ago and I’ll just say this – when we arrived there were tables sitting all around, and about three of those HUGE gator fans scattered about, all blasting on high. One of tables was in partial shade, a fan situated right behind it. I began to make a bee-line for that table as it was empty and my husband said, that table is all the way up front, you want to sit that close?! And I said, I AM going to sit that close, you can follow me or sit with stranger’s! The wedding began at 6:30pm and before we left about 3 hours later, we were soaking wet.

As I said originally; Fall is already SUPPOSED to be here. And I had planned on beginning a walking regime again once it cooled off. But as it seems that is never going to happen, I decided to at least began changing my drinking habits.

I have one cup of creamer with my coffee each day and I use Splenda as the sweetener. Yes, I said creamer with my coffee because my husband says I should just spoon-feed the creamer and take a sip of coffee and be done with it! And, I allow myself one Sprite a day, and the rest is water. JUST WATER.

Now I always thought the amount of water medical experts advise is necessary, is 8 glasses of 8 ounces of water each day. Well no. It isn’t. It is your body weight divided by two – and that number gives you the ounces you need to drink per day. All I have to say about that is this: you might as well fill a bathtub full of water, give me a stool to sit on and a straw/funnel, because according to my calculations, that’s about much water I need to drink in a day, and it’s going to take a while.

Needless to say, I’m sticking with the 8 and 8 theory. It’s a start. But even that much water begins to make me feel like gagging by the last two of the day. However, the other day, someone introduced me to Propel. It’s a lightly flavored water with zero calories and zero sugar. I will not lie, I drank the first swallow down and angels were singing and flying overhead. I had to rein myself in not to guzzle the rest of it in one fell swoop.

That flavored water might just get me through until some coolness can blow-in and walking without falling-out is possible. I’ll keep you updated.  




No comments:

Post a Comment