Sunday, October 2, 2016

What Is The Solution?

I’d like to write about my thoughts and concerns regarding all the pull-over and stop deaths seemingly only occurring with people of color and the men in blue. But the problem is, I don’t have one single clear thought about any of it. The percentages of these happenings appear to be so lopsided – it’s impossible to know what is real and what is not.

Between the hundreds of phone video’s streaming live on FB before the bullet is cold, the eye-witness accounts in which none are amazingly the same, and the grieving relative accounts of what a wonderful person such and such was – we have still yet to see an official report from the police.

Because folks, official reports take time to gather, the facts take time to gather, the reasons why someone in blue pulled a trigger take time to gather. No one is going to give ANY kind of an official statement before the facts are in. Before the video cams associated with the men in blue are reviewed and studied for the information they need to reach a factual decision about what happened and why.

I believe that the majority of all men and women in blue go out every day to serve and protect just as they gave an oath to do. I’d like to say all – but we’re talking about human beings, not super heroes and where you have human beings you will have bad apples.

But I also believe that we’re being led to believe there are more than a fair share of bad apples with all of the occurrences of late. So I sit here wondering are they really bad apples, or just a combination of bad decisions/split-second time to-think, decisions.

As I said when I started out, I don’t have many clear thoughts about all of this. It saddens to me no end to believe that men of color are being targeted and shot simply because their skin is black. It would also make me question our entire legal system that begins with the men in blue – and what real law and order means.

You will not ever convince me that riots are the answer/solution to anything. Emotions are on level red for everybody concerned, and many people might as well mentally commit to a death sentence before they even begin. Because lives are lost every single time almost any demonstration has been done in the last 12 months.

But if I had to sum-up one of the biggest problems from this past week between the shooting in Tulsa and the shooting in Charlotte, I’d have to say, regardless of the cause and result, both of those events were over-shadowed by the pending divorce between Angelia Jolie and Brad Pitt.

On the night of the Charlotte shooting, the very first story out-of-the-gate on the CBS National News was about “Brangelina” and their break-up. Who on God’s green earth thought THAT was the story to lead-off with? AND WHO CARES?

That my friends is my most clear thought regarding what is wrong with our nation – priorities. We seem to have absolutely none. 

No comments:

Post a Comment