Sunday, November 20, 2016

I'm No Quitter!

There’s not a soul on this earth who can say I didn’t give turning 52 years old a run for its money! From the time it happened last November, I threw at it everything I could think of and it still got back up, and kept on going.

I had a case of Bell’s Palsy that December, the following February I tore the meniscus in my right knee, that March I had a mammogram/biopsy scare, then in September I tore the meniscus in my left knee that I’m still recovering from – besides the times through all of that when I pulled my back out a couple of times. I’m telling you, that old saying, when it rains it pours, has certainly been my theme song this past year.

But here I am, rolling/gimping right on into year fifty-three, still smiling and laughing, and putting my two cents in every chance I get, because you can’t keep this old gal down!

My actual birthday event was a few days ago now, but as it seems to work out when you birthday falls on the weekend, and because I have such a great circle of friends, I have been coming and going her and there since that birthday clock struck midnight. And EAT – Lawdy have I been eating. I just think that’s what older folks do – we pick great places to eat great food and that’s how we celebrate life.

I mean by this time in life, you pretty much have everything you need or want, a good meal seems to be the simplest thing to do and share the joy at the same time. I had lunch with friends on Friday, breakfast and a movie with a girlfriend on Saturday, lunch today with my husband and youngest son, and I’m still scheduled out for dinner tomorrow evening with another girlfriend, and then one last time, as far out as next Saturday for lunch with a girlfriend from home who’s coming to town.

I’m not going to be able to eat a thing by the time Thanksgiving gets here at the rate I’m going! Heck I feel like I’m walking around with a feed bag attached to my neck as it is now!

I’m ready for whatever comes with this next year. I won’t lie and say I’m not looking forward to a more injury free year – these two knees of mine have kept me and my activities tamped down and that has gotten old very quickly.

But besides ALL OF THAT – I got an extra hour of sleep last night (another Happy Birthday to me) and that was the most glorious thing of all – and I’ve been reveling in that joy since I looked at the clock this morning and knew that 7am really only meant 6am. So I turned over – and rolled back out – one more time.

And for the rest of us, a lot of exciting things are coming our way because once you leave October, time rolls on like a freight train out of control. Get ready! Because only the strong and determined can keep-up!  



No comments:

Post a Comment